11163 Westport Station Drive, Maryland Heights, MO 63043◊ Cell Phone: 618.610.9133 ◊ Email: email@example.com
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROFESSIONAL
Quality Assurance Manager with proven track record in implementing, maintaining and improving Quality Management Systems and processes in manufacturing and service environments.
Accomplished QA professional with 25+ years of progressive experience and proven record of significant, successful contribution in quality management, process improvement, supplier management, nondestructive test management and quality-management systems, processes, and standards, in a wide range of organizations that previously had no quality programs in place or needed programs implemented, upgraded or improved.
Professional Experience ______________________________________________________________
BMC LOGISTICS SUPPORT – Johnston, IA 07/2009 to present
Site Manager/Quality Assurance Manager,
Responsible for the coordination of the Iowa National Guard’s (IARNG) National Maintenance Training Center’s quality program as it pertains to the Army’s National Maintenance Program including the development of their NDT program. This includes the redevelopment, documentation and maintenance of a quality program to ISO 9001-2008, including requirements of the Army Materiel Command (AMC), TACOM and the National Maintenance Program’s Business Process Manual. Documentation includes a Quality Assurance Manual, QA procedures, process documentation and work instructions. As Site Manager, I have responsibility for the performance of seven technicians/trainers, and serve as the main interface between the company and our customer.
- Revamping entire quality program
- Setting up Internal Audit program
- Setting up NDT program (MT and PT) and providing training.
AMSTED RAIL COMPANY – Granite City, IL 01/2006 to 05/2009
Supplier Quality Assurance Manager,
Responsible for the quality of products received from two off-shore casting suppliers. Provided support services for company operations.
- Assisted one plant in Russia and one plant in Ukraine to become certified to the Association of American Railroads quality and technical standards.
- Achieved certification as an ASNT NDT Level III – MT (Magnetic Particle Testing).
- Developed training program for Level I and Level II Magnetic Particle Inspection.
- Trained and certified in excess of 40 plant personnel in Magnetic Particle Inspection.
- Successfully conducted training and certification programs for MT at three additional Amsted Rail companies/locations.
PROGRESS RAIL SERVICES – Albertville, AL, 06/1999 to 05/2005
Corporate Manager – Quality Assurance,
Corporate responsibility for the operation of the Quality Management systems of various divisions of the company.
- Assisted 34 facilities in becoming ISO 9002-1994 registered and maintaining their registration.
- Interfaced with major customers and regulatory agencies.
- Was the first supplier named to the Association of American Railroads Wheel/Axle/Bearing/Lubrication Committee where I maintained my membership for 5 years.
- Performed quality audits to M-1003 and ISO 9002-94/ISO 9001-2000 on most facilities within Progress Rail
- Assisted plants in developing and maintaining their NDT programs (MT and UT).
CAE VANGUARD, INC (CANADIAN BRONZE CO.) – Winnipeg, MB/Minneapolis, MN, 11/1990 – 06/1999
Quality Assurance Manager, (08/1996 – 06/1999)
Corporate responsibility of the operation of the Quality Assurance Management systems of four facilities in the Axle Services Division of the company.
- Maintained the certification for all facilities to the AAR M-1003 standard as well as ISO 9002:1994
- Interfaced with major customers and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinated the efforts of one additional facility in becoming registered to ISO 9002:1994.
- Performed pre-contract and well as annual audits on off-shore suppliers. Audited internal facilities to M-1003 and ISO 9002.
Quality Assurance Manager, (11/1990 – 08/1996)
Corporate responsibility of the operation of the Quality Management systems of nine facilities throughout Canada and the United States.
- Managed the Quality Assurance function for nine facilities.
- Assisted in having the first supplier form the former Soviet Union certified by the Association of American Railroads to their M-1003 Quality Management System.
- Aided in the expansion of the Canadian company into the USA.
- Maintained the Quality Program to both CSA Z-299.3 and AAR M-1003 quality standards.
- Set up Quality audit program and audited all divisional facilities as well as offshore and domestic suppliers.
- Assisted in having one facility registered to ISO 9004.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS __________________________________________________________
Bachelor of Science Engineering in Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Kennedy Western University , 1998
Elements of Metallurgy, ASM International, 1995
Mechanical Testing of Metals, ASM International, 1995
Previously held American Society for Nondestructive Test – NDT Level III – MT (Magnetic Particle Test) 07/2007
American Society for Nondestructive Test – NDT Level III – UT (Ultrasonic Test) 04/2009
Previously held ASQ Certifications as CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) and CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)
Secret level security clearance by the US Office of Personnel Management.
- Quality Assurance Management
- Corrective/Preventive Action
- Quality planning
- Organizational Training
- ISO-9001:2000 and ISO 9001:2008 Certification Management
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Continuous Improvement
- Supplier Process and Product Auditor
- Customer Service
- Internal Process and Product Auditor
- Interface with regulatory agencies
- Nondestructive Test Management (MT and UT)
- Experience with steel forging and casting
- Multi plant experience
- More than 25 years experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control in various industries with a variety of products.
- Worked with a number of different quality standards.
- Implemented or assisted in the implementation of ISO 9000 quality programs at greater than 30 facilities. Maintained and updated the QA programs as necessary.
- Extensive experience in 1st party and 2nd party audits. Audits have been compliance audits and pre-contract supplier audits.
- Worked with off-shore suppliers to have them certified to supply to North American railroads